Showing posts from November, 2015

CRM Import Data Wizard of Team Failed with "Could not retrieve salesperson role" Error Message

Today, a colleague of mine tried to import the team data exported from Development environment into the UAT environment using CRM out of the box Import Data Wizard.

The import was failed with the following error message “Could not retrieve salesperson role” even though there was no salesperson role assigned to those roles in Development environment. Actually, those unused OOTB security roles like Salesperson role have been deleted in both Dev and UAT environments.
I’ve searched about this issue online a bit and I’ve found out about the behaviour of CRM OOTB Import Wizard in this blog post from Magnetism.

Here are some of the lines quoted from that blog

The "Salesperson" role was automatically assigned to all imported Teams.The automatic assignment of the Salesperson Security Role does not happen when you create Team records manually.All teams imported will be automatically assigned a default security role of Salesperson (even if the Security Role has been renamed)The import w…

Issue After Renaming SQL Server for CRM 2015 (Standalone Instance)

This morning, I was trying to rename the Computer Name of the VM that I copied from my colleague since the computer name was given with his initials. (so that I was trying to rename it to more generic one)

The VM was installed with SQL Server 2014 and MS CRM 2015 all in one machine.
After I've changed the computer name and restarted, I tried to open the Deployment Manager in order to update the SQL DB connection of my environment and update the server names, the Deployment Manager snap-in loading stopped with the following error.

Unable to access the MSCRM_CONFIG database. SQL Server does not exist or access denied.

So, I updated the configdb and ServerUrl registry value under MSCRM registry hive (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSCRM)
After updating the registry key and open the deployment manager, I got the Deployment Manager snap-in crashed with the following error while loading.

FX:{1ac9de3e-24ae-480d-9e15-65386b76e433} Type is not resolved for member 'Microsof…