Showing posts from 2015

CRM Import Data Wizard of Team Failed with "Could not retrieve salesperson role" Error Message

Today, a colleague of mine tried to import the team data exported from Development environment into the UAT environment using CRM out of the box Import Data Wizard.

The import was failed with the following error message “Could not retrieve salesperson role” even though there was no salesperson role assigned to those roles in Development environment. Actually, those unused OOTB security roles like Salesperson role have been deleted in both Dev and UAT environments.
I’ve searched about this issue online a bit and I’ve found out about the behaviour of CRM OOTB Import Wizard in this blog post from Magnetism.

Here are some of the lines quoted from that blog

The "Salesperson" role was automatically assigned to all imported Teams.The automatic assignment of the Salesperson Security Role does not happen when you create Team records manually.All teams imported will be automatically assigned a default security role of Salesperson (even if the Security Role has been renamed)The import w…

Issue After Renaming SQL Server for CRM 2015 (Standalone Instance)

This morning, I was trying to rename the Computer Name of the VM that I copied from my colleague since the computer name was given with his initials. (so that I was trying to rename it to more generic one)

The VM was installed with SQL Server 2014 and MS CRM 2015 all in one machine.
After I've changed the computer name and restarted, I tried to open the Deployment Manager in order to update the SQL DB connection of my environment and update the server names, the Deployment Manager snap-in loading stopped with the following error.

Unable to access the MSCRM_CONFIG database. SQL Server does not exist or access denied.

So, I updated the configdb and ServerUrl registry value under MSCRM registry hive (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSCRM)
After updating the registry key and open the deployment manager, I got the Deployment Manager snap-in crashed with the following error while loading.

FX:{1ac9de3e-24ae-480d-9e15-65386b76e433} Type is not resolved for member 'Microsof…

Save & Publish Button for Forms and WebResources for CRM 2015

Development for my previous projects, I've been using Save and Publish button by Jonas Rapp for customization of the forms. When I started the new project in CRM 2015, I cannot import the same solution anymore since CRM 2011 solutions are not allowed to import in CRM 2015 anymore.

So, I just copied all the items from CRM 2011 solution and create a new managed solution for CRM 2015. You can download from the following link if you need that button for your CRM 2015 as well.
All credit goes to the original solution creator, Jonas Rapp..

Fix for CRM 2013 SP1 UR3 The product key is not compatible with the installed version of Microsoft Dynamics CRM

Today, when I setup the secondary front end server of the existing CRM 2013 system with SP1 UR3, I encounter the following error message.

The product key is not compatible with the installed version of Microsoft Dynamics CRM.

When I searched around the web with the error message, this is the first article in the results and the issue is quite similar to mine.

But trying out the resolution in the post didn't actually resolve my issue. May be it is the separate issue for CRM 2011.

After searching a bit further, I came across the following forum thread.
In the forum thread, Abacuse mentioned about the solution to integrate rollup to the RTM version.

Since my existing CRM 2013 system was installed with SP1 UR3, I extracted the UR3 of CRM 2013 SP1 file "CRM2013-Server-KB3016464-ENU-amd64.exe" w…

Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 Notebook

In this post, I am going to note down all the useful add-onsinformationtips and tools regarding with MS CRM 2013.

Advanced Find on record forms (CodePlex)
CRM Chart Map (CodePlex)
Custom Ribbon Button to get the Guid of the record
Dynamics CRM Custom Email - Email Templates for Custom Entities (CodePlex)
Duplicate Detection (CodePlex)
EasyNavigate SiteMap (CodePlex)
Form Message Web Resource (CodePlex)
Multi-Entity Search with SparkleXRM (GitHub)
Quick Navigation Web Resource (CodePlex) Quick View Menu (CodePlex)
Properties dialog Start Menu style navigation
Tool Tip Manager
tuneMultiCheckBox (CodePlex)

BPFHelper Library (CodePlex)
CrmRestKit.js (CodePlex) (How to)
PFE Core Library for Dynamics CRM (CodePlex)
SparkleXrm - Features (GitHub) (Code Snippets)
XrmServiceToolkit (JavaScript Library for MSCRM 2011 & 2013) (CodePlex)


Depreciated Features

2007 WebService EndpointCRM 4.0 Custom Workflow ToolsCRM 4.0 Client Side ScriptingCRM 4.0 PluginsDuplicate …

Async Workflows and System Jobs Stop Working and Stuck with Status Reason "Waiting for Resources"

Today, I encountered one issue at the client site where none of the asynchronous workflows are working any more. Any new workflow triggered on-demand or automatically by the event just go straight into the "Waiting for Resources" status.

I tried practically everything that I've heard about the solution for the async workflow issues.
Restarted the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Asynchronous Processing Service
Restarted the rest of the CRM services
Restarted the SQL Server service
Restarted both CRM application server and database server
Went through several blog posts and forum thread related to that issue. (like thisthis, this, this and this)

The earliest time of the system jobs being stuck in that status was also some how coincident with the server restart after Windows security update on last Sunday so that we tried to uninstall those updates as well.
We also encountered the following error message when we try to restart the async service "Error 1053: The service did no…