[Power Automate] New Action "Executes a changeset request" in Microsoft Flow Common Data Service (current environment) connector

Today, I found one Action in Common Data Service (current environment) connector while I am creating an action step in Microsoft Flow.
The action name is "Executes a changeset request" and I quickly check Microsoft Docs site for more info only to find the following one. (That's very helpful, Microsoft... Thanks for the information)

Maybe it is the preview feature or maybe it is still in progress and that's why the documentation is incomplete and nobody in the community talks about it.
So I just gave it a try and here is what I think it does, based on my observation.

When I added the new step of Executes a changeset request Action, there is an option to add nested actions (just like Control actions). But the only difference with this one is that you cannot add any other action and only Create, Update and Delete actions of CDS (current environment) connector are allowed.


At this point, I sort of get the idea of this Action based on its name "changeset" and the nested CUD actions.
I created a couple of steps to create a Task record one before the "Executes a changeset request" Action and one inside of it.
After the 2nd task creation step, I added one dummy step which would throw an error because of one real-time test workflow.
When I triggered the flow, the first task creation step was successful and the 2nd task creation step was shown as "Skipped" and wasn't successful even though it is before the error step.
As expected, any CUD action step within "Executes a changeset request" step will rollback if there is an error for one of the steps.

In summary, "Executes a changeset request" is a set of CDS change (Create/Update/Delete) actions in which failure of one of the steps will cause the transaction to rollback for previous actions within "Executes a changeset request" step.

It can be used for transactional changes to multiple records where partial failure is not acceptable. (e.g. financial records update)




Comments

  1. Hello!
    Let's say I have an array with data. How can you fill out a changeset request in a loop?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrew
      I'm sorry to say that I don't have a solution for it either. "Perform a changeset request" action can only Add/Update/Delete rows for static number of steps and I don't think there is any way to perform dynamic actions like looping or based on condition.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts